International Exchange Grant to Prof. Nick Hill
International Exchange Grant
Congratulations to Prof Nick Hill (SofTMech Executive Director) on the award of a 2-year Royal Society of London-Newton Mobility Grant for a new collaboration with Dr Haofei Liu (Dept of Mechanics, Tianjin University, PR China). Their project is on `A numerical investigation of post-TEVAR dissection propagation and aortic expansion'.
Haofei graduated from the the University of Glasgow in 2010 and was supervised by Prof Xiaoyu Luo. He has since held positions as a Research Fellow at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute and the University of Connecticut, and as Visiting Assistant Professor in Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, before taking his current position as a Lecturer in Tianjin. His most recent research includes finite element simulation of three-dimensional stress in the aortic wall.
1. Haofei Liu, Ming Zhang, Minliang Liu, Caitlin Martin, Zongxi Cai, Wei Sun. Finite element simulation of three dimensional residual stress in the aortic wall using an anisotropic tissue growth model. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 92, 2019, 188-196
2. Minliang Liu, Liang Liang, Haofei Liu, Ming Zhang, Caitlin Martin, Wei Sun. On the computation of in vivo transmural mean stress of patient-specific aortic wall. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 18, 2, 2019, 387-398
3. Haofei Liu, Wei Sun. Numerical approximation of elasticity tensor associated with Green-Naghdi rate. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 139, 8, 2017, 81007.
4. Haofei Liu, Gador Canton, Chun Yuan, Chun Yang, Kristen Billiar, Zhongzhao Teng, Allen H. Hoffman, Dalin Tang. Using In Vivo Cine and 3D Multi-Contrast MRI to Determine Human Atherosclerotic Carotid Artery Material Properties and Circumferential Shrinkage Rate and Their Impact on Stress/Strain Predictions, Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, Vol. 134, 011008, 2012
5. Haofei Liu, Xiaoyu Luo, Zongxi Cai. Stability and energy budget of pressure-driven collapsible channel flows, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 705, 348-370, 2012
First published: 3 April 2020